Wednesday, October 15, 2008

New Resource!

Tomorrow, my students are turning in the final drafts of the research essays they've been working on. They won't have done any reading, so we essentially have a free day. I think I'm going to start out by having them critique some sentences I've pulled from drafts of their essays (after I explain that I'm not doing this to pick on anyone, but rather to get them thinking about and paying attention to writing on the sentence level). On the other hand, they may be so demoralized from the research essay experience that I decide not to do anything that could be remotely construed as picking-on. Either way, I want to devote the bulk of the class period to an in-class writing exercise. I think I just discovered the perfect resource: "Ideas For In-Class Writing," part of a larger site hosted at SUNY Stonybrook.

No comments: